Carpenter/Commercial Construction Laborer
Benning built its reputation on our commitment to providing our clients with the highest standard on all our projects, and our people are our greatest asset. At Benning, you are more than part of a team; you are an owner and part of a family. With just over 100 employees, we are seeking skilled “doers” who crave an environment where they can make an impact and who thrive on a hard day’s work. Every project brings new challenges, and we work together to achieve our goals. We work hard to create a culture where talent can grow, develop and shine. If you work with energy and commitment, you will have the opportunity to build your future with Benning!
Job Type: Full-time
- Reliable transportation
- Enforce high safety standards including a clean job site
- Review the schedule prepared by the Project Manager with your Superintendent, paying attention to the sequence of work and delivery of critical items
- Inspect the quality of work for compliance with design standard and ensure corrective action occurs if/when necessary
- Assist the Superintendent with setting up project safety requirements and Tool Box Talks.
- Coordinate and manage general conditions work and project logistics
- Review vendor drawings and submittals
- Prepare and distribute daily reports
- Oversee, manage, and mentor laborers and subcontractors
- Work with the Superintendent and subcontractors for the completion of all incomplete items of work (Punch List) in the shortest time possible
- Leave each project complete with quality construction, having met all plans, specifications and contract requirements with a fully satisfied owner
- Reliable Transportation & Ability to Travel to Jobsites Throughout the SE (AL, GA, FL, TN)
- This is a full-time, night-shift position Monday – Thursday 9 pm – 7 am (four 10-hour shifts)
- Carpentry skills
- Construction Skills – Door Hanging, Framing, Working with FRP, Drywall & Sheetrock; Wall Finishing
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- 2 -3 years of experience in construction
- Desire to learn from the Lead Superintendent and willingness to ask questions
- Familiarity with interior finishes
BENNING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN GEORGIA’S DRUG FREE WORK PLACE. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
Benning offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, longevity and stability, excellent health insurance packages, paid vacations and holidays, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership, and is 100% employee owned.
Carpenter/construction workers needed for commercial construction remodel program.
This is a full-time, night-shift position Monday – Thursday 9 p.m. – 7 a.m. (four 10 hour shifts)
- Hanging doors
- Experience working with FRP, drywall and sheetrock
- Wall finishing
- Attention to detail
- Physically able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Work as a team player and effectively communicate with others
- Ability to safely and effectively use power tools, construction site tools/equipment, safety equipment, and ladders
- Benning Construction Company is a drug-free company so you must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen