Job Type: Full-time
A qualified Estimator must be able to perform quantity takeoffs, estimating, scheduling, purchasing/ inspections for safety and project requirements, quality control, foster relationships with Owners, design professionals and subcontractors, and provide meticulous documentation.
Estimator’s typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure projects are bid in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Ability to read and understand commercial construction plans, general conditions and specifications
- Professionally represent Benning Construction Company as the primary interface with Owners, Architects, and Engineers.
- Employ strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Identify conditions affecting work such as inspection and testing requirements, time limits and sequencing for work, insurance requirements, liquidated damages and other penalties, fee and permit responsibilities, shop drawings and submittal requirements, and any unusual conditions and/or requirements.
- Communicate and solicit bids from subcontractors.
- Ability to generate a tentative schedule and determine possible duration of project based on specification requirements, site conditions, time of year, lead times for approval of shop drawings, and fabrication and delivery of critical items.
- Ability to takeoff accurate set of quantities to verify prices received from subcontractors.
- Ability to quantify the materials, labor and equipment needed to complete the project
- Communicate effectively with Owners and/or design professionals and subcontractors
- Familiar with AIA documents
- Computer literate
- 5+ years estimating in the commercial construction field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to perform takeoffs for all types of commercial building projects including retail, education, healthcare, office buildings, grocery, theater, interiors, etc. with a contract value over $10M
- Ability to create a cost estimate broken down into man-hour/crew labor, material, and equipment for Civil, Structural, and Architectural systems and components
- Knowledge of suitable contractors and suppliers for all types of projects
- Proficiency with computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software, etc.)
- Degree in construction related field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering, etc.) or commensurate experience
- Attention to detail
BENNING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN GEORGIA’S DRUG FREE WORK PLACE. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
Benning offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, longevity and stability, excellent health insurance packages, paid vacations and holidays, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership, and is 100% employee owned.